I have a routine in the mornings and I love my routine. The alarm goes off at 4:51 am so I can hit snooze once and get up at 5. I make my way to the gym, shower and head to work by 7:12 am. Too early and I don't find a parking spot on the street, too late and I get stuck in dumb traffic. By dumb I mean people forget to use the gas when going uphill so it slows near Carmel Valley Road. I take the bus to campus, usually with 10 minutes to spare and either read or take a little walk (depending on the shoes for the day). I get to the office, get coffee, toast my bagel and open email. When I'm done with that I like to go to myyahoo! and read headlines. Today in the headlines: "Too many cooks in the kitchen," a recap of American Idol, the Yankees scored 15 against the Red Sox last night and A-Rod is now tied for 15th on the home run record list. That was a treat since I haven't been able to catch a game yet. Then there was some stuff on Toyota taking a hit in profits, that Texas polygamy case and of course, the debate between Obama and Clinton.
After Trent blogged about voting I was a bit inspired. I mean, I'm registered and vote in every election but at times I know I'm not very well educated on the issues on the ballot. So I'm doing more reading and trying to follow a bit closer. This was from an article I read this morning that I just smiled at because well, I think it's true.
"Obama was asked by a voter via video why he did not wear the American flag in his lapel.
'I have never said that I don't wear flag pins or refuse to wear flag pins. This is the kind of manufactured issue that our politics has become obsessed with and, once again, distracts us,' he said. "
Alright, back to checking blogs...I mean, work.
No comments:
Post a Comment