Friday, April 04, 2008

Finally, Friday...

This week has been...well, not so great. Sara and I were talking about how it's just been one of those weeks. Maybe it's because I came back from Tokyo on Sunday and headed right into work on Monday morning. She came back from Atlanta on Monday and was in the office on Tuesday. Yup, one of those weeks...

Today has already been horribly wrong. I woke up at 4:45 am to get to the gym and realized as I tried to get out of bed just how sore I was from working out with Andrew. It usually takes a day before I really feel it. Since we worked out on Wednesday, it's about time to feel it. David and Marisela are sick and I'm sure at least 10% of the passengers on the plane were sick too, so I'm fighting something. I've been dropping the zicam tablets and downing the water but I thought the extra 1 1/2 hours of sleep I could get this morning might help. So that means I didn't get to the gym and that was the beginning of my day being thrown off. I got to my usual parking area and found a prime spot. Only then did I realize I didn't have my ID so I couldn't get on the bus. I thought I would look for a spot close enough to walk since I had 15 minutes to spare. Then I realized how much stuff I had to carry to campus because it's our birthday potluck in the office and I was bringing gifts from Japan so I broke down and paid the $6 to park on campus. What a rip off.

The one thing that has managed to make me smile is the sumo figurine I brought back from my trip for my desk. He is so freakin' awesome! Just looking at him makes me laugh.

No comments: