Thursday, April 17, 2008

Boomers!

Maya and I headed to Boomers! after a LONG day of work. We had the batting cage all to ourselves for 30 minutes. While I was hitting this older man came over to our cage and started stretching. I heard him talking to Maya but I was focused and just thought Maya had made a new friend like she often does. Then this guy starts telling me what to do in the batters box. "Back up." "Wait for it. You're swinging a bit too early. That's why you're pulling them left." "Picture yourself cutting the ball in half. That's it! Like that!" He got really excited when I ripped one hard into what would have been left-center. It was funny though and it didn't really bother me. I guess that's because I had a dad who did that to me at the batting cages from the time I was 8 years old until I gave it up my senior year of high school. It felt good to hit but now my hand is blistered and it kinda hurts. Maybe I'll call in sick tomorrow. Kidding. I need to get a batting glove...this could be my new hobby.

No comments: