I got to Red Coat at Hume this weekend and it was alright. My girls weren't so talkative but I did have fun roaming. My cabins were at the top of Ponderosa which meant I had to hike in the ice at the wee hours of the morning. I thought I might fall and brake my neck the first night. The second night I almost did. Luckily there are lots of trees to brake my fall.
This was a special trip for me because I got to spend time with friends, serve at Hume and listen to Darin teach. It was also huge for me because it was my 11th "spiritual birthday." I gave my life to Christ at Hume during a winter camp in high school. I had the chance to sit under the stars and thank God for the wonderful things He's done in my life and ask Him about the things He's going to do. It was amazing.
Somehow I was able to escape many slippery falls at Hume but today I totally ate it outside of my house. I guess the rain washed enough rocks into my driveway to take me out. It reminded me of my fall at Hume this summer. That one left me with a black eye and a scar on my knee...Ouch.
1 comment:
Did walking in the ice remind of you of when we were in JWI and I used to hold on to you because you had those trac things on your shoes? And then we just rolled down the hill :) I think there were a few times you pushed me. I'm glad you had a good time at HLCC.
Post a Comment