Thursday, March 09, 2006
"Relax it's just sex!"
Alright, so the title caught you, I know. I said the s-word. What can I say, there isn't much to write about. Okay, I'm joking. I heard this ad on the radio last night for something to do with Hustler and the tag line was, "Relax, it's just sex!" I laughed as I sat there thinking about what some people think sex really is. I mean, our culture treats it like it's this great thing that cool people do and it doesn't really matter with whom you do it with. But what if I put an ad on the radio with a tag line like, "Relax, you've probably been infected with an STD and YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW IT!" Sometimes I wonder if people ever think about this and not just the gratification that can come from having sex. I guess I didn't really think about it though until I became a committed Christian. I'm a statistics fiend. I love them. I've been reading a lot of stats lately about sexually active teens and sometimes I wish I could just scare them into not doing it. But what I really want is for them to realize why they shouldn't do it until they're married. Not just because something like 1 in 3 sexually active teens have AT LEAST 1 STD now or over 40% of women have had an abortion because of unwanted pregnancy but because God, our Father created sex with boundaries (marriage) and it's a great thing in those boundaries. Maybe I should tell them this. I wish I had someone speak candidly with me about sex when I was in high school. I know, I'm preaching to the choir but it's just what I've been thinking about. I also heard a caller on the radio seeking advice on how to handle his fiance who he's just discovered has had over 100 partners. He wanted to dump her but callers offering advice told him it really was no big deal. And in fact, she'll probably be a great lover because of her experience. All I wanted to do was vomit and then tell these idiots they were exactly that. You might think I listen to shady radio and maybe it is, I like Kanye West :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
the logo for your adds will be a skull and cross bones with a banner above it that says hpv!!!
Post a Comment