I'm headed to Hume for the weekend. We're taking 93 middle schoolers and my brother counts for one of them. I'm stoked for this because he's never been exposed to church and I'm praying God shows Himself to JD. My mom had a funny story yesterday. She told JD he needed a Bible for camp and JD responded with, "Why do I need a Bible for camp?" "Because you're going to church camp and you go to church while you're there." "I have to go to church when I'm there?" "Yes JD." "That sucks. I don't like church. I thought I was going to have fun!" My mom explained he would have a lot of fun but that we did have chapel and he would have to go.
I got offered a job yesterday by Quest. I called and asked for more money. They said no. I'm staying at the church. It's the right thing, I know it is. This whole job thing has been a little depressing. It wasn't like I was out looking for a job but then these opportunities came up so I took them and they all ended up wrong (in my eyes). I just feel like this expensive BA sitting on my desk is worthless. Really, how can I not make more than $10.29 an hour with a degree from UCSD? Maybe I'm just not made for anything but ministry and honestly I could be okay with that. I do get worried and fear that I'll never be able to do the things I want to do because let's face it, everything costs money. But I guess it's an opportunity for me to trust in God to provide. Someone once said, "you're always going to be in debt. It's a fact of life." Crown taught me differently and I've been striving to be wise with money and debt but maybe debt will be a part of my life...forever.
No comments:
Post a Comment