We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.
2 Corinthians 4:8-9
I’ve had to constantly tell myself this week to not lose heart. I feel beat up and tried in so many ways and can’t seem to find the appropriate response for any of it.
Physically I’ve been really tired, stiff, and I’m shocked I haven’t rubbed my eyes out of their sockets. I finally was able to have the plugs put in my tear ducts but now it feels like I have pebbles in the corners of my eyes. I know it’s just going to take time for me to get used to them but this process isn’t so fun.
I’ve been pushed emotionally and mentally as well. UCSD has been all over the news and if you haven’t heard about it, Google it. It’s been a struggle to know how to respond to the hurt and anger I see and feel around campus and what to say to coworkers and friends. I’ve wanted to back hand quite a few people for comments that were insensitive and ignorant but at the same time knowing my job is to educate them and help them recognize the ignorance in their statements. I still don’t have an answer.
My family could use a lot of prayer right now too. My mom discovered a lump in her breast and had tests done today. The doctors are concerned, especially since her mom had both breasts removed due to cancer. My mom has shown incredible faith and my step dad has shown incredible love. It looks like she’ll have to have surgery very soon to remove the lump and biopsy it. But this also pushes back the surgery she was scheduled to have in order to fix the tendon in her hand. My mom has been living with pain from an accident for over a year now. So right now we feel struck down but definitely not destroyed.
1 comment:
Any update on your mom?
Post a Comment