Monday, February 22, 2010

AJ got Dunked

If you’ve heard about my temp gig you’ve probably also heard about AJ. He’s my crazy, wacky co-worker who makes me smile even on the days I feel like crying. AJ is also a man who seeks the Lord, loves his church, and challenges me in my faith. He’s been a gift to me at a time when I was ready to quit a lot of things. I think because of the timing he’s also had to bear a lot of my animosity and negativity and he’s done it with love and grace. And some rebuking with reconciliation. This weekend AJ was baptized and…you can probably already guess…I cried.

AJ could use a lot of prayer right now. He's 4 for 4 in grad school acceptances. I predict he'll go 6 for 6 (anyone care to wager?) and has awesome opportunities and difficult decisions to make.

God is good J

2 comments:

Unknown said...

HAHA. O alyssa! You have been a huge encouragement to me! Praise God for His sovereign plan to put us at Career Services!

Veronica said...

Right away I noticed the Jeter sign above your window - some things never change!

AJ sounds like a great friend to have around!