Thursday, February 25, 2010

I'm still a teen

15 years ago today, I sat in Ponderosa Chapel at Hume Lake Christian Camps and listened to a man named Erik Heard talk about the gospel of Jesus Christ. I knew that night that even though my friends were heading out to the tube runs, snack shop, and ice rink, I needed to stay behind and talk to Chris and Joy about this tugging on my heart I was feeling.

I grew up Catholic and had some awareness of God but I never knew I could have a personal relationship with him. As a 14 year old, insecure and unstable girl, I was enamored by a father who loved her and wanted the best for her. And so that night I asked Jesus to be my savior and I received the gift of eternal life.

Life since then hasn't always been easy but I know that the hard days I experience now are still better than a great day without Christ.

No comments: