Thursday, January 14, 2010

I & Love & You

We all long to hear these three words. They’re powerful words, special words, words I don’t use with just anyone. I have few people I actually say them to but a lot of people I feel them towards. So why don’t I say these words to them? I don’t know, I guess its fear that these special words will be taken too lightly or I’m unsure the feelings are not reciprocated. Sometimes I get in my head and I wonder if I’m really as close to someone as I think I am or if I’m not really that special. I usually decide I’m not that special which often leads to withdraw.

I think I might have just had an aha! moment.

Anyway, I do this with family, friends, guys I’m interested in dating. I do this with God. The One who tells me over and over again how much He loves me. I’ve been thinking a lot lately about how lucky I am to have a God who pursues me, loves me, and never gives up on me. The story of the cross, that’s a pretty amazing way to say those three words.

No comments: