Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Call me a liar...

The first 5 days of 2010 have been pretty crappy. But because things haven't been so great, it's really made me look at my attitude, my habits, and think about trying different ways of being this year. I know I posted about not making resolutions and I don't want to make resolutions...but I guess these are resolutions.

1. Memorize scripture. I'm aiming for one a week. This started this week because since Friday I have been gripped by fear. I'll be driving, think of something terrifying or horrible and just start crying. Back in 2006 I experienced some pretty crazy spiritual warfare that I probably wouldn't believe without living through it. It hasn't been the same thing, but I have this gut wrenching fear about this year. So I've started with Psalm 27:1 and might just keep going with this psalm.

2. Read. With the new JWI network I've decided to join in on their book discussions. It also helped that I own the book they're reading this month and have never read it. January is Foster's Celebration of Discipline and next month is Mark Cahill's The One Thing You Can't Do In Heaven. I'm not sure what I'll read after this but I have a list going. If you have recommendations feel free to leave them in a comment.

3. Communicate clearer. I tend to keep a lot to myself. I don't like the way it makes me feel. I don't just want to do this for myself but to encourage, pray, and build others up as well.

4. Be more balanced. I bet most of you know my schedule: work, work out, home. I do love my new sports but I've decided to give up Thursdays at the gym (which is tough because I already give up Wednesdays) in order to join a small group. I've already picked one too. But now the difficult part is deciding if I'm staying at this church. I just know that in the last year my spiritual self could've used more exercising.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I kept trying to think of something to type here. a comment to make, and I just couldn't think of anything profound. I've never been much of a resolution person either, but I know something has to be different. So I'll just pray for you and me both. And know that I'm thinking of you. AND last but not least, show me those snuggie pictures already!