I've been around California and held a lot of babies this week. It's been fun, here's my recap.
Saturday I traveled to Morgan Hill and hung with the Richters. Sarah and Justin are fantastic and have a beautiful 4 month old girl. Grace has got to be the best baby I've ever been around, she hardly fussed and is always stylin'. While I was in Morgan Hill I also got to catch up with the Hauges. I've known Chris and Joy for over 15 years now, they were the ones to really introduce me to Christ and they hauled me to church for a few years when nobody else wanted to take me. I've always been thankful for their encouragement and example. They have a 6 month old boy, Silas (bringing their total to 6 kids). Silas is a monster which is only funny because all the other kids are so small. Grace and Silas are already betrothed.
I left Morgan Hill on Monday and met up with AJ. We had a good breakfast and even better time laughing and talking. The highlight was definitely when he barked in the restaurant. He blames me for his craziness but I don't receive that, it comes from his core. After I said goodbye to Nor Cal I headed to Fresno to see baby #3. JT and I went to dinner at the Pullens that night and played a "fast moving tile game" called Rummikub. Don't be fooled, it isn't fast, but I do like it. Grant and Erin are the parents to Benji, who already loves football as an infant.
Tuesday was another day of driving and I ended up in Chatsworth to eat and play games with my old student ministries friends. On Wednesday I finally finished my tour-o-babies with Dee Ann and Tim's kids, Ryan and Natalie.
My mom asked how my trip was and I just described it as feeling like my heart was full. It was so great tojavascript:void(0) see new and old friends, feel completely at ease doing nothing, laughing so hard I cried and talking about issues so deep I cried. It really was what I needed to finish out 2009 and I hope for more of this feeling in 2010.
No comments:
Post a Comment