Monday, December 21, 2009

So far So good

Vacation started on Friday at 2 and it's been a great vacation so far. I was able to enjoy some great food (sorry pumpkin pancakes, the eggnog pancakes at IHOP are now my favorite)and spend time with friends. I laughed a whole lot and got to play games and I hadn't even left San Diego yet.

Saturday night was the first annual ugly Christmas sweater party at the Milnik/Kilroy residence. It led me to ask the question, is there such a thing as a pretty Christmas sweater? I don't know if I've ever seen one. I wish I had Jacob Barena's "Wise men still seek him" sweatshirt he would wear around Joshua but I improvised and pinned an "official mistletoe tester" button on my rather plain sweater. Milnik was the only one who wanted to take me up on the offer. He also happens to be the only one who knows no personal boundaries. They had a live band and I played the maracas while Nathan screamed the lyrics to a Rage Against the Machine song. The cops shut down "Nasty Nate's Nightclub" so we took awkward pictures with Santa and his helper and watched as random people came through the party. Oh how I love people watching.

Sunday was the second annual Christmas tea and cookie party at the Venizelos household. I ate so much sugar I thought I was gonna go into a diabetic coma but it was fun to see friends and again...watch people. Katie and I met up with Danny and Kelly and had a delightful dinner at Pizza Cookery. The boys even paid for our dinner but I told Kelly he could only hug me at the end of the evening. Katie kept commenting on how unsanitary kissing is and Kelly assured us kissing through saran wrap worked. Oh my awkward friends. We watched Avatar which I actually liked. I'm not a big sci-fi fan (unless it's Outter Space Astronauts of course)and I'm definitely not a fan of 3 hour movies, but this kept my attention and was a good movie overall. The best part of the night had to be seeing this guy fall down the escalator. Now, before you go on thinking I'm just some evil person who delights in others' pain, let me tell you he thought is was funny to go down the up side. He fell so hard and just kept rolling. I thought stuff like that only happened on the movies!

I finally made my way to Fillmore and even though I've been here less than a day, I'm ready to choke JD. He was in everything in my room today, reading my text messages, playing with my ipod, but the most annoying thing was when he put the dog on my bed. I love our Christy but I hate her hair on my bed. I took a long run (about an hour)and it felt good but now my heel hurts and I'm sure I need new shoes. As I ran along the Sespe river I couldn't help but stop and look at the orchards, the sun setting on the valley and think about how amazing the Lord, Creator is. I stopped and said thanks and am inspired to hike tomorrow for some quiet time.

I have this urge to get in my car next week and drive somewhere new. I have friends all over California, I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to find a place to stay, but I also know I have limited time with Danny and Katie.

1 comment:

Trent Lewis said...

do you mean www.syfy.com/outerspaceastronauts/
tuesday nights at 11pm (10 central)?