Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas 2009

Merry Christmas! One of my favorite Christmas traditions is opening up stockings in the morning before any gifts are handed out and ripped open. I'm always a little surprised when I hear people say they've never done stockings before. I also always feel a little sorry for these people. It's the time of the year when I get new underwear, socks, and stock up on toothpaste, etc. I always look forward to the stocking. Santa also left us all snuggies this year so we took sibling pictures in them in front of the tree. I'll definitely post these soon.

My mom thought she was so clever with mine and Robbie's gift. I'll give it to her, it was good. She had told us not to expect many gifts this year but after looking under the tree I thought I was going to make out pretty well. I opened a bag first and it had dollar bills crumpled in it. The next bag did too. There were a few bags like this and I wasn't complaining. I am a little weird about my money though, it has to be organized. I like my bills in numerical order, facing the same way and as straight as possible. So, these gifts took me a while to get through. After the bags were done I started on the boxes and it was the same thing, cash. It was a good gift, I like cash.

Christmas was different this year. Probably because it was quiet for the most part and if you've ever been around my family you know they aren't quiet people. I once again fell asleep in the middle of the festivities and I'm soon heading to bed. I'm driving north tomorrow and I'm super excited about this trip. I'll be meeting Grace, Silas, and Benjamin for the first time this weekend. Those are all the babes born in the last few months. I plan on doing a lot of baby holding in the next few days!

2 comments:

maya said...

maybe i'll start the stocking tradition with my family... :) i loved my stocking that one year i spent with your family!

when you told me about the snugglies, i was was waiting for the pics! did santa bring your parents snugglies too?

Veronica said...

You & me see eye to eye on the stocking thing. They have always been a big part of my Christmases & so they remain!