Being at UCSD is an interesting place. On one hand, it’s one of the most beautiful campuses I’ve ever been on. On the other hand, it’s not very sociable. I do get to overhear funny conversations though. I was having lunch out in the Price Center (main area/food court on campus) and these two guys had this conversation:
Guy 1: The integral equals 1.004.
Guy 2: Yeah but he couldn’t solve it.
Guy 1: He couldn’t solve it? Well, what about epsilon?
Guy 2: No
Guy 1: 1/Epsilon? Epsilon cubed?
Guy 2: (Shakes his head in disbelief)
I know, captivating isn’t it? It did entertain me though because I sat there listening thinking, “are these guys serious!?” Trust me, they were completely serious.
I’m going to Tokyo in 11 days! Maya and I are planning our Harajuku outfits for those nights we hit the club with the locals. I’ll be sure to post pictures.
Guy 1: The integral equals 1.004.
Guy 2: Yeah but he couldn’t solve it.
Guy 1: He couldn’t solve it? Well, what about epsilon?
Guy 2: No
Guy 1: 1/Epsilon? Epsilon cubed?
Guy 2: (Shakes his head in disbelief)
I know, captivating isn’t it? It did entertain me though because I sat there listening thinking, “are these guys serious!?” Trust me, they were completely serious.
I’m going to Tokyo in 11 days! Maya and I are planning our Harajuku outfits for those nights we hit the club with the locals. I’ll be sure to post pictures.

I got an email this weekend from CBB (Community Based Block), the grad program I applied to at San Diego State. They picked me for an interview and for a minute I panicked because interviews are on the 22nd of March. That’s the day after I leave for Tokyo. They said they would schedule a time for me to meet with faculty at another time. Now I’m super nervous and just a bit scared about might happen.
No comments:
Post a Comment