Thursday, March 27, 2008

Thursday is Maya's favorite day

Today we went to Kamikura, the old capitol of Japan. It was the perfect day for it too because even though the forecast said rain there wasn't a drop in the sky. The cherry blossoms were in full effect too, we think they just appeared at night. All the Japanese are in love with their cherry blossoms and they hold their cameras up to the flowers so close, it's kinda funny. We had lunch at this awesome Indian food place and grabbed mochi on the road. We saw a lot of temples and ended up on this really cool hike by accident. Maya wasn't too thrilled by that but we got through it and Danny and I pretended we were ninja samurai invading the Japanese fort. It was entertaining for sure. We did some shopping, lots of walking and then took the train back into town. We had a good Korean bbq dinner, went to the grocery store (interesting in another country) and headed home for an "early" night. We played cards and laughed, told stories about things we never swore to talk about again and well, we laughed a little too loud for too long because Danny's neighbors called the landlord and she shut down this party quickly. I feel really bad about getting Danny in trouble and I tired to blame it all on Maya but I know I was at fault too. It was a great day with a quick end but it sure was fun while it lasted.

Favorite Japanese translation of the day: Love is not afraid of locksmiths.

No comments: