It's been a VERY long day in Japan but so great. I woke up around 5:30 am, I guess I'm still not adjusted to the time zone. We had breakfast and got ready for a day in Odaiba. I don't think Danny expected us to spend the entire day there but little did he know how we love to window shop. The train ride to the island is awesome and there are great views. It was raining so spending the day at Odaiba was great because we went to the Toyota showroom and I sat in a Lexus that cost 7 million yen. Danny didn't want to go on the giant Ferris wheel. I mean, their marketing should make you want to ride this ride. Their tag line, "16 minute happiness, 16 minute birthday wish..." I added 16 minute make-out. Danny added 16 minute couples therapy. In the Toyota showroom there was a book in Japanese explaining all the features of this particular car and Danny (who isn't fluent at all in Japanese and can't read kanji) told us that the picture of the little boy in the backseat was telling us that was where you pants off.
Okay, long story to get to the best part...another reason to love Japan, their amazing ability to translate deep thoughts. Like the shirt that said, "Love is the greatest reward of love." Or, "Everybody needs to somebody." I would've bought the shirt if it didn't cost 4500 yen ($45). But Danny bought me the best birthday card ever. It was a picture of this potato chip and he was saying, "Hello, I'm a greasy potato chip. Happy Birthday." Then the potato chip has to wash his face too bad he can't find his zit cream. That's it. Nothing else to the birthday card. But it makes love Japan. That and the sky line of Tokyo tonight. I didn't want to leave the island it was so beautiful.
Tomorrow brings Tokyo Disney. Eat your heart out Trent Lewis.
1 comment:
So I totally thought of you on your birthday...just didn't make it on the computer to tell you so. Hope it was fun!!! :)
Post a Comment