Saturday, March 29, 2008

I told you to learn how to say, "I need a lawyer" in Japanese

On the train from San Diego to LA, Maya and I pulled out our Japanese books and tried to learn how to say things we thought we would need to know.  I jokingly told her she needed to learn how to say, "I need a lawyer."  Then, last night when we were at the batting cages Maya decided to join the Japanese guys at this candy game machine.  The candy fell but not all the way down into the slot, kind of like the bent basketball rims at Magic Mountain, so she started banging on the plastic dome that covered it.  The Japanese quickly gave her the "X" (which we learned from Coyote Ugly section of Yoyogi park means don't do that) and he made a gesture resembling handcuffs.  I laughed and told Danny she should have listened to me and learned the phrase.  

Today we went to Ueno Park (like I've said all week, the Japanese love them some parks) and went to the Sakura viewing.  That was an experience, here are my highlights:
1. I had a bento and ate almost all of it, even the fish.  
2. We saw Sumos and Maya took a picture with them.   
3. Danny and I had warm sake.
4. I mastered the art of squatty potties.
5. The cherry blossoms were in full bloom and they were beautiful.
6. Some Japanese guy came up to us and asked to take our picture.  He took a couple shots and a close up.  I think we're Tokyo's Next Top Models.  
7. We saw ANOTHER shrine.
8. I was with Maya and Danny.

We came home and Maya and I played dress up like a Harajuku.  Danny hid in his room and I felt so bad I convinced Maya it wasn't a good idea to go out looking like fools.  We changed and went to Ropongi and did more walking.  Andrew is gonna be so happy with me next week with all the activity I did.  We ended up back in Yoga and Danny said he would do karaoke with Maya and I would do it too.  I don't know how he convinced me to do it but I think I ended up singing more than he did for sure.  It was fun though and I got to have Japanese beer while singing, definitely a plus.  We rode our bikes home and now it's almost 3 am Tokyo time...we're leaving in the morning and it's a little bittersweet.  I really am not looking forward to work on Monday but I'm ready to be home in my quiet little world. 

By the way, Danny is an AMAZING host.  I know, who would've thought?
 


No comments: