When Danny was working with the high school group at Rocky Peak we had this joke about how during the summer his boys would attend "Dan Camp" because they were ALWAYS with him. I even made shirts and I almost took it with me to Japan. It got left behind because I wanted to fit everything into a backpack. Anyway, this morning (or was it yesterday? I guess it was yesterday for Danny and today for me) I told Danny that International Dan Camp was probably the best ever.
We grabbed curry before heading out of town and of course one last ice cream and then hit the trains. It wasn't too bad and I think we only had to change a couple of times. The train ride to the airport was a limited express...I don't really know what they mean when they say express, it still stopped a lot. But we got to the airport where I had my last chance to prove I reign over the squatty potty and was victorious. I'll never be afraid of them again. We checked in, got rid of our bags and Maya wanted to look at the mall they had going on. I think I might have found more things at the airport than I did in the city. Danny had mentioned this store called Uni Qlo and I'm convinced he held out on us when we were in the city. I found an awesomely translated shirt that I'll proudly sport here at home. It even has awkward sleeves! I bought some alcohol (it's duty free!) as gifts and decided I was DONE with shopping. Our flight left on time and as soon as I got on the plane I drugged myself up. Like I say, self medicating is the best. Tylenol PM worked wonders and I slept nearly the entire flight from Tokyo to LA. Once in LA we caught a bus to a train and David and Mars picked us up. I'm sticking to Danny's 9 pm rule. He says if you can stay up until 9 pm you can beat jet lag. I'll see if he's right tomorrow morning when I have to get up at 5 am.
No comments:
Post a Comment