Thursday, September 29, 2005

Evacuation complete

I got an email yesterday saying a fire had started and then about 2 minutes later another came saying we had to leave. The smoke was so strong, I really thought the office was on fire. I grabbed a few things from the office and was on my way home when they asked me to drive a van of preschool children to our evacuation site. I had to leave my car and everything else I own. I was pretty freaked out because when I drove off in the church van our church property was burning. As I got on the pass towards Simi Valley the flames were all around my house. I really thought I was going to lose everything. I got a call from Nate saying our houses and yes, my trailer was on the news. The fire was burning our property but not the structures. The skate park across the lot was a loss but at least my house is okay. I still can't get home and even if I could there is no power so I headed to Fillmore. I'm still rollin' 15 deep with the big church van, anyone wanna take a road trip? Kidding.

3 comments:

Heddah said...

HOLY INTENSITY! What's up with these fires everywhere?! I'm glad none of your things were ruined. I thought of you the other day, Dr. Phil was talking about the Dream Center and they were donating money. WHAT?! They GIVE money?! I thought they had more fun robbing the homeless :)

Anonymous said...

Wow. I would have been said if the trailer was gone before I got there. I miss you. Glad you're safe. I'll come visit soon...well maybe not too soon now.

aca said...

i am so glad you are ok!

next time...we all evacuate to some where tropical