Thursday, October 21, 2004

Things are looking up

So I've been feeling down, lonely, bored and all those other feelings you've all gone through before too. I got to chat with a couple friends and that was the beginning to feeling better. Thanks for the encouragement guys.

Today I woke up at 5:30 am and couldn't go back to sleep. It was terrible! I didn't want to be up so early, I mean I'm on "vacation" and people don't get up at 5:30 on vacation. So I stayed in bed and watched the news and when everyone left for work and school I moved to my mom's room (she has a huge t.v. and king size bed). I stayed there for most of the day but when mom and JD got home I got to help with his math homework and that was cool. My mom on the other hand was in an irritated mood. I'm sure you know what I mean. My uncle Joe came home (he's staying with us for a while) from coaching the high school football team and he asked me to fix a computer problem.

Let me just say I am a computer whiz! Or not but I did fix the problem and I was pretty proud of that. As I walked out of the room he asked me who I was going to vote for. So I walked back into the room and we talked for about an hour if not longer. Now let me tell you about my uncle Joe. He recently sold his bikini bar which doubled as his home, he has 4 kids who are all very slow and out of control. I blame their social problems on their psychotic mom and equally crazy grandma (not from our side of the family of course). Joe looks like Stone Cold Steve Austin and spent a good 20 years of his life high. I'm convinced Joe hates the way his life is now. He has no job, loves a girl who isn't interested but hangs out with him all the time and his football team took a dive mid-season. But Joe and I had a great talk that started out about politics and ended up being about religion. It was a pretty good conversation and in the end he agreed to come with me to the Billy Graham Crusade in November but he said, "I"m not going to the front, hitting my knees crying and praying to be saved." I said that was fine, that wasn't what I was asking him to do but inside I was so excited. I know God is going to move BIG TIME in his heart!

Anyone seen "Friday Night Lights?" I haven't been to the movies since this summer but I think I might like to watch this one. I'm also looking forward to "Ray" in a few weeks. Whelp, time for "Survivor."

2 comments:

aca said...

come with us tomorrow if you are up to it!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.