This is going to have to be another short entry. I haven't had much time lately to feed this addiction of mine. I guess that's a good thing but I feel so out of touch with everything!
Wednesday is a busy day. The busiest of the week. The most intense for me. You get the point. It's all about production on my end. Organize the parents, get volunteers, set out the cones so those slow parents will know where to drive, where not to park (and yet they still park there), and where to pick their kids up. I had a talk with a good friend, my only friend here...Nate and I were discussing the production that goes into youth group. Sometimes that's all it feels like, one big fat production. Why can't we just set some trash cans up, play some hobby that rhymes with your mommy (Kajabe for those slow on the uptake) and teach them about Jesus? Why does it have to be about lights, cameras, action? I guess we're close to Hollywood and the industry surrounds us (the valley I live in is the largest distributor of porn...Good to know) but does the church have to get sucked into that (production, not porn)? These are just questions we were throwing around.
I found out today I'm having surgery on Thursday the 14th. I have to have my gallbladder removed and I'm spending the night in the hospital for the first time ever! I'd appreciate any prayers you could throw up there for me.
I'm going to Sacramento this weekend for a wedding. It's gonna be so tight, I'm excited. Mostly because it'll be the first time since Club L this summer that I get to drop it like it's hot on the dance floor. Good times. Whelp, I must get back to security! *PeAcE*
1 comment:
it's discouraging sometimes...but we live in such a program based society.
our camp has struggled with entertaining the ideas of high ropes courses or paintball. but...all came to the consensus that we would keep it simple and
focus on a more intimate setting. but plug away for this programing...because obviously this is working for your location. keep it strong my sister.
i love you bunches and you are doing amazing work i am sure.
Post a Comment