So, I'm going against my mother's wishes and going to Chicago tomorrow. I leave at 6:30 am and I'll be back Saturday around 4:30 pm. I'm actually looking forward to it. I think it'll be good. I've never been to Willow Creek but I've heard about it. The boys at work at jealous, I guess I would be too if I had worked here for years and the church never sent me anywhere cool like Chicago.
Yesterday I saw the dumbest thing on t.v. Right, nearly everything on t.v. is dumb but this ad was so dumb! It was a votolatino commercial, aimed at encouraging Latinos to vote. Okay, so my people need to get out there and vote, I agree. BUT they had Cameron Diaz doing the endorsement! What? Why is there this tall blonde up there telling us to vote? I guess they figure Diaz, that's latino er something like that and we're dumb brown people, we won't know. Dumb! I get angry. I don't really know why I get angry but I do.
I was talking to a co-worker yesterday about blogging. She's taking a communications class and this week they're focusing on blogs. Man, I'm so glad you guys have sites or else I wouldn't know what was going on with ya...Now, update your sites (Kyle Smith) because I love reading about what you have to say, do or think...Nothing but mad love for ya here.
4 comments:
lyssa hope you are having fun at pragmatism paradise...anyway paint and paint more cause its so fun... also im a little disturned that you would complain about people who areny fully mexican representing i mean come on your totally half white. lets be nice to the other half minorities... just kiddin i miss you send me your stones! and ill send you a painting inspired by them.
Wess, thanks for pointing out that I'm only half...I don't think she's even part! Anyway, it still made me angry and that's okay. Maybe I'm just jealous of the biznatch. Ew, sick, I don't know if I want a painting inspired by my stones. I would like a painting though!
It's like Emilio Estevez who is probably no more 'brown' than Diaz. Or like Jennifer Lopez, oh wait, she is of 'Latin descent'
Hope your trip is going well, Alyssa.
hey alyssa! why didn't you tell me you were going? i wanted to come!!! next time, take me with you...i can make guacamole! i can make a fire with two sticks!!! oh well. i hope everything's going well, and that you're enjoying the crisp chicago air and the deep dish pizzas. say hello to the windy city for me and bring me back something cool! :) we need to hang out again, i'm bored! :) what i hate almost as much as the commercials: the 'viva bush!' bumper stickers...loving you--marisa
Post a Comment