Thursday, May 01, 2008

Suggestions & Comments Appreciated

This morning as I was running I realized I kept shuffling through my music. I couldn't find anything to get me motivated or inspiring as I tried to get at least a 30 minute run in. My music failed me, I only made it 24 minutes but I did go 2.4 miles. How am I ever going to get back to 7 miles for this mud run? I know, new music! Here is what you need to do, give me suggestions. What should I download that will get the blood pumping?

Another request for my less physically active but voracious readers...I joined a reading team for the summer. I know it sounds nerdy but I'm a competitor in every sense of the word. So, what should I read? The only stipulation is that it has to be owned by the UCSD library. Luckily there are like 8 libraries on campus so I can pretty much get anything. Why have I not taken advantage of this earlier? Wow, now I can buy gas instead of a book. Although I would much rather spend my money on a book.

So, what should I listen to and what should I read? Oh, and what should we name our reading team?

1 comment:

Trent Lewis said...

Ok, here are a few songs on my "hippidy hoppidy mix" that I listen to at the gym (when I go) and when getting ready for improv. Oh also when I club.

Don't Stop the Music- Rhianna
Piece of Me- Britney Spears
The Way I Are (feat. Keri Hilson & D.O.E.)- Timbaland
Give It to Me (feat. Justin Timberlake & Nelly Furtado)- Timbaland
Low (feat. T-Pain)- Flo Rida
What's Golden- Jurassic 5
Kiss Kiss (feat. T-Pain)- Chris Brown
Beware of the Boys (Mundian to Bach Ke)- Panjabi MC

Here is some not hip hop but still pump me up jams.

Paralyzer- Finger Eleven
The Good Left Undone- Rise Against
Best of You- Foo Fighters
Icky Thump- The White Stripes
Where Is My Mind?- Pixies
This Ain't a Scene, It's an Arms Race- Fall Out Boy
Knights of Cydonia- Muse
Starlight- Muse


For giggles you can check out the new Flight of the Conchords Record! AWESOME!!!