I'm a bad granddaughter. I totally didn't call my Granny on her birthday. I'll do that as soon as I'm done here.
Friday was the annual Sungod Festival at UCSD. Woohoo! Drunk UCSD students running around campus. I never thought it was that great, still don't. I did finally get to see Ironman. I had been wanting to see it since opening weekend but just now made it to the movies. It was well worth it. Oh man, I LOVED it. I hardly ever say I would pay to see that again, but I would pay to see that again. The effects were great, the technology way cool and the characters were great. I really did like Robert Downey Jr. as the hero too.
Saturday was HOT! Like in the 90's with no AC, boooo! So I went to the gym because at least it was cool there. I took a long nap and friends came over for a BBQ. We sat outside until 10 pm when it was finally nice out.
I went to church this morning and then scouted The Sports Authority for a baseball for McWatters. I won access to a recording session with The Kooks on 94.9 and Sara was going to come with me. McWatters demanded a baseball signed by them. I've delivered baseballs with signatures by Kirk Cameron and Rufus Wainwright. I figured if I gave him a Kooks baseball he would really owe me big time. Sara and I got there, along with 20 other winners and they had all this KFC out for us to eat. Except it was pretty warm out and well, KFC just didn't' look that appetizing. But we were hungry so we grabbed some food and sat on this sidewalk in this parking lot of the recording studio that looked really questionable. It was pretty awesome. I had to go to the restroom so I walked into the studio to find the bathroom and Luke (the lead singer) was standing in the hallway waiting too. He seemed much nicer than when he told off the workers at the hootenanny but he did pee with the door open. I guess when you're a rocker you can do whatever you want. Or maybe it's because he's British? I don't know. They only played a couple of songs but it was fun and hot. You can see the pit sweat in the pictures (maybe they'll come later) that's how hot it was. When I asked them to sign the baseball they thought it was pretty cool. They said some cuss words but with their accents it mostly sounded cool. If I had an accent I might cuss more too. So now I'm trying to figure out how to stay cool and get out of work this next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment