Saturday, May 03, 2008

I Live For Saturdays

Friday was a BUSY day at work. I had to be there early for the set up of our all Student Affairs Staff Meeting. We had Dr. Larry Roper from Oregon State University present to us. During the meeting I turned to Maya and bet money that this guy wasn’t really human. There’s no way someone like Dr. Roper really exists. I mean, maybe once before, but his name was Jesus and he was the Son of God. Okay, I’m joking, but this guy is amazing and had some great insight into student affairs and higher education. There was a reception that afternoon and I went because it was right in front of our office but also because I had a question I was thinking about all day and wanted to ask Dr. Roper. There was food and wine, which probably made for the most fun I’ve had with my colleagues (everyone in student affairs says colleagues, I’m making fun of it right now in case you didn’t pick up on that). We sat around the courtyard until about 6 pm chatting and enjoying the reception. We decided El Torito was the next place to move the party to. Sara was really excited it was karaoke night and Maya even entered the singing contest that was obviously rigged because she didn't win. Of course I didn't participate. Alyssa and karaoke aren't friends.

I absolutely love Saturdays. I think most people do but I REALLY LOVE Saturdays. Sleeping in, running and whatever else comes along…as long as it isn’t in the office. It’s nice. Today I got some cleaning and laundry done. I did some reading while lying in the sun for a couple of hours. I sure do look Mexican now. I had a great dinner, baked yummy muffins and watched a lot of college softball. It was nice.

No comments: