That's the title of the new book I'm reading (compliments of Milnik) and I love it! You all should seriously purchase a copy for yourself. It has made me think about Adam and Eve a whole lot lately. I mean, he brings up such a good point. We are born sinners but they were made perfect. They knew that true union with God and they screwed it up. We don't even know how it felt to have it perfectly made you know? Can you imagine how Adam and Eve felt after they realized they were naked and now ashamed? His thoughts on scripture are so comforting too. Lately I've been reading the Bible and not really studying it but mostly just reading it and you know what? It's pretty amazing. Miller points out in his book just how much we get caught up in making everything into a formula. Follow points A,B,C and do 1,2,3 and you'll get it. But let's be honest, sometimes that doesn't work and then we get all distraught because the plan failed us. Man, I'm enjoying this.
This weekend I killed another mouse and a whole army of ants. I'm a good housekeeper...I mean, trailer keeper. My mom saw my trailer for the first time last week and she was impressed by the fancy pad I have set up for myself.
3 comments:
What's up Linda? I miss you so much! You don't even know. I'm sorry I'm such a horrible friend, but please know I think of you often. We really need to plan a time when I can come see you. Except the whole mice and ants thing kind of scares me. Love Ya!
Alyssa,
I just started reading that book too. Love Donald Miller. Once you're done reading this you HAVE to read Blue Like Jazz...its even more amazing.
great thoughts!! you are sooo right, it is so important to read the bible as a whole, and not just cut it up into pieces and make it say what you want it to. the bible is the narrative of God, his great story, and everything belongs. check out ben's recent post, he sums it up well....
don miller is great!! i agree with stacey, blue like jazz is AMAZING!!
Post a Comment