Wednesday, March 23, 2005

I've been M.I.A.

So I haven't been around much and you've probably noticed because you check for my thrilling update often. Let's see...Christie and Dave got married and I always love a wedding with music because I get to show off the hottest new move on the dance floor with the hopes of wooing some equally hot dancer. Although I never woo, I do have a splendid time. I don't think people at this church will look at me the same. Oh, they didn't know I have the moves. Speaking of moves, I'm taking a dance class and I love it. It's the greatest thing and I have so much fun. I almost didn't go to the first one because I can be shy. It was fun and the class is small. I guess me and the other 7 girls in the class don't have a life on Friday evenings huh?

I had a great weekend at Hume Lake (it's a refuge). I "red coated" for the jr. high weekend and Darin was the speaker. I got to spend some time with the McW crew and his teaching was phenomenal. For you ex-JW members, have you really ever recognized all in Philippians 3? I mean, we had to memorize that entire book and I don't think I ever realized just what Paul was saying. I was challenged and he was speaking to the jr. highers! My heart was heavy with many things over the weekend and I asked God a lot of ,"why?" and his responses humbled me, "because I'm God." It's amazing.

I turn 25 tomorrow and what am I doing? Working and probably trying to jump into another hip hop class. I have nothing better to do. I hate birthdays because the people I think should care the most often forget it. I think my dad has forgotten every year since I turned 15. He called me on Monday and was like, "Oh hey, your birthday is this week right?" I'm like, "Yes and thanks for calling way in advance to cover your butt." Maybe I shouldn't be so bitter, at least he got the week right instead of that year he missed it by a month. I guess I mention this all as my desperate attempt to get comments on the blog and to remind you all so I can feel better about myself.

3 comments:

Heddah said...

Ummm... I thought you said for your birthday you were going to go to a bar by yourself... not drink anything, eat some nuts and then start telling your life story to everyone around you. What happened to that idea? It worked on my birthday... ha ha jk :) I'll call you and sing all the different birthday songs I can!

fountainstylerootbeer said...

if you ever answered your phone i could tell you happy birthday but anyway good to hear you are dancing on fridays and its not that you guys dont have a life its preperation for a better life. i mean seriously i could go to teh club and dance like all the other missouri white boys but when you came and we hit up the clubs ill automatically be popular cause i know the latin hip hop phenom! man you are the bomb.com just dont hurt yourself i mean you are getting older! i miss you and i love you birthday friend!

Aaron said...

Isn't Darin an amazing teacher!? I also was blown away as he taught Phil. 3 on the weekend he was here. I've always liked his teaching, but it seems he is getting better and better all the time. I wish sometimes that I could be 'blessed' with his presence all the time like Hume is... no, I'm serious, I love being around that guy! Anyway, Happy Birthday, Alyssa!!!