Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Stressful Shopping

The holiday season wasn't so stressful on me. Giftcards may seem impersonal but I think they make great gifts. I know I always appreciate receiving gift cards. Anyhow, what is stressing me out right now is the fact that my car has been to the shop 3 times in the last 3 weeks. Every week it's something new and expensive. So now I'm declaring my search for a new/used car.

I hope you all enjoyed your holidays. Christmas was phenomenal and I got hooked up with a digital camera so expect more pictures. New Year's was peaceful and I enjoyed that a whole lot. I'm pretty out of routine though and that bothers me. I did pick up Blue Like Jazz and laughed a whole lot. He even talks about trying to stay out of trouble with routines but mine isn't like that. I just function better with a highly structured life :) My car has thrown a big wrench in my schedule and all those swearing to lose weight in 2006 have probably crowded my gym so I've sorta stayed away. But I do miss it. They'll give up by next week and I'll be home from Hume by then and hopefully have a car that I can trust, so routine will pick up again.

I leave on Sunday for a staff retreat at the HLCC. I love that place so much. I've actually thought about moving back. But then I remember how lonely that place can be and I guess I kind of like my friends around here for now :)

No comments: