Has it really been 7 years since I left my protective little campus of Fillmore High School? Wow, I feel old right now. I forgot what it was like to be at a public high school campus. I've never been to one as big as Birmingham where I spent lunch time. The Christian club put on an event in their quad which was mighty bold and really cool of them. I would have never done that in high school. Our Christian club consisted for 5 people, 4 of them all from the Holliday family. All they wanted to do was pray at 7 am once a week. I did it for a while and for all the wrong reasons I admit but I would have never thought about doing something like this. It's interesting to see how things have changed. Many students had ipods and headphones and even more had cell phones. I got a cell phone 4 years ago! Anyway, it was cool being there and just praying for the students giving their testimonies and the band playing worship music in the quad.
Unexpected things have come my way and there might be a change in my career path. It comes at such a funny time because I'm happy with ministry right now. I have to think long term though and about what will benefit me and the ministry. I don't want to leave church or the people I've met here so pray for me. I don't know what's going to happen next but Monday I have an interview.
I've been reading Genesis and I've been especially fascinated by Joseph. I finished Blue Like Jazz and was pleased with that purchase. I'm trying to read about different religions and more apologetics stuff. Anyone read anything good on these topics?
2 comments:
girl, i just had dinner with gary brucker and his fiance and may and her friend margaret... and i was asking gary if he remembered you from bridge... and he was like, "alyssa, is she the girl that came to summer bridge a week late because her parents weren't ready to let her go?" lol. totally not the reason! anyways, it was good to see him, he's all grown up (still has a baby face) and is a lawyer. i thought it was funny. love ya! (and i'm glad you were in my suite, otherwise i probably would not have met you, chica)
that's really funny! where is gary at now?
Post a Comment