I know it's Tuesday but it feels like the first day of the week for me because I have Mondays off. This weekend was a good one. I got to play Settlers Friday and Saturday and only got into one minor argument with Nate. Saturday I hung out, went to the gym and hung out some more. My family came to church and JD actually really liked the middle school group which makes me happy because now my parents will be more motivated to come to church.
I had this interaction with a friend this weekend which left me kind of confused and hopeful and scared all at the same time. Gosh, I wish I didn't have feelings for him and I've even prayed for God to take this away. I thought for a minute He had but I realize more and more that it's still there and deep and raw. I could have kicked myself for having so many chances to affirm him and tell him what I thought but instead took the chicken way out, laughed and smiled as I tried to seem relaxed. Sometimes I want to tell him everything. Like what books I've been reading, what I'm studying in the Bible or how the old lady at the gym is so funny because she can barely walk but she's on that treadmill every time I go in and I admire her for it. I want to share more about my family and I want him to experience them. I want to call him everyday and I don't want to call anyone else...ever :) But I can't and I don't and maybe it's God protecting me but maybe it's me being fearful. There are other times I feel so close to him but don't know what to say. Sometimes I don't say anything because I think I'll sound like an idiot. I guess I've got it bad.
Jen Turner stopped in this weekend and we played Phase 10. Jonathan won and I'm convinced we need to stop playing games with him because he always wins. I'm itching to play nertz except Tim can't play because of his hand so we resort to split which I also love. Yeah, it was a good weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment