Thursday, October 20, 2005

Raining and Pouring

The week is coming to an end and I haven't had time to really even think about anything of importance. I want to journal so bad but can't seem to get the hour it's going to take me to get thoughts on paper. So here's my story since I can't really share my heart now.

I was driving home on Monday from Reedley/Fresno area and it was pouring on the grapevine. I mean, I couldn't even see 5 feet in front of me and I had slowed to about 35 mph just to feel a little more in control. I saw these 2 cars go into each other on the left so I moved to the right side and my brakes locked and I begin to hydroplane. Luckily there was nobody around because I moved to the right quick. Once I got into the right lane I realized it's flooded and now I'm moving slower and really feel like at any moment someone is bound to ram right into the back of my car. I looked in the mirror to see if I could move into a middle lane and all I see it this car spinning out of control and then off the side of the road. I kept going down the road, praying out loud because I was so scared and then to my right another car goes into an embankment. A few minutes down the road a semi jacknifed, half his trailer flips and now all traffic is moving to the right. Once I got home I felt the tension that had been building in my body. It was stressful!

No comments: