Saturday, October 15, 2005

Habitat and Hume

Hume Lake is a refuge...Hume Lake. I joined the Joshua 06 class for their Habitat for Humanity trip in Livermore this week. It was tiring, hot, full of hard work and smashed fingers but it was great! I had a ton of fun with the new kids and the staff. It's always fun hanging out with Darin. We went to a concert on Friday night at The Fillmore in San Francisco and that was a ton of fun. Turns out Mikey and his band The Shiny Toy Guns were the opening band. It was phenomenal! Bob Mould is amazing and the 40 year olds moshing was the best part.

There were so many funny stories but I'll only share one of my favorites. We had to wait an hour one day for the showers to open so we decided to go to a park. There were a few teens in the park and they stared as 60 people invaded the area. These 2 girls were laying on top of one another in the grass and they were looking at Darin and myself as we sat reading. One girl yells, "Hey, are you gay?" Darin looks at her and says, "you talking to me?" "Yeah." "No. If I was gay my wife would probably be pissed." I hid my face in my book as I cried my eyes out. Oh man, it was so funny.

I'm still at the good ol' JWI building and now they have high speed internet...No more dial up. And it only took them 3 years to put it in. I remember them saying we would have it at the beginning of my Joshua year. Anyway, it's sweet...And I love Hume.

1 comment:

maya said...

was it because he had those yellow colored sunglasses on? :)