Thursday, October 06, 2005

I just feel like writing

I don't know if I have anything worth writing about this morning but I just feel like writing. I'm starting to come out of my feeling ugly in every way stage. It probably has to do with me getting back into the word. I've had no desire to even read scripture over the past week or so but Tuesday night I just couldn't get enough of it. After I realized how late it was and that I needed to go to bed I laid there and thought about what an idiot I am. Why can't I remember how good it is to be in communion with God? Maybe it's because I'm lazy or I have poor time management skills. Joshua took care of a lot of those problems though. I guess a 9 month program can't do everything for you.

Speaking of Joshua...I get to go on their first trip with them. I'm pretty stoked about that. Darin called and needed a driver so it's all working out for me to go. It should be fun, we're going to the bay area to work with Habitat for Humanity. So, it's not really vacation because I plan on working hard but it should be grand. I get to see The Bob Mould Band at the Fillmore...Who ever that is. Darin just said to buy the ticket. Shiny Toy Guns is opening for them though and my friend Mikey is the drummer and he's been bugging me to go to one of his shows. Works out well I think.

Now, speaking of shows...I've become addicted to Ticketmaster. I know you can sign up for Ticketmaster to email you about shows and all that but they've failed me so far. I can't depend on their emails so I've been searching a lot lately. I've found an Iron and Wine show this month and since I don't know anyone cool enough around here who likes the music I'm in search of a friend (or friends) who can make it to the Wiltern on the 18th. I also can't wait until the 22nd when I get to see Weezer and the Foo Fighters in Long Beach. I'm mostly excited about Weezer...Okay, I'm amped about Weezer.

I guess I'm done rambling. Oh yeah, this morning there were 4 fire trucks rushing up my street with sirens and everything. Not gonna lie, it made me nervous.

No comments: