Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Road Trips Galore

The 8th grade road trip went extremely well. Nate and I sat back on Saturday morning before the students were awake and were amazed by everything God did and used us to do. I'll post pictures sometime in the next few months :) That's the way life is feeling right now.

We started off in Chatsworth and went to Santa Barbara. We got lost and told the kids we were going to Neverland Ranch. They weren't so excited about that idea. We did a team building exercise at the pier and had lunch quickly. We then drove to Pismo beach where we spent the day and evening. It was such a nice beach, I have never felt sand like that before. We had a bonfire and Nate taught. We spent the night in Atascadero and drove to Yosemite the next morning. That was one of the highlights of the trip. I stood in awe of what God has created. I'll post funny stories later. We spent the night in Sonora and split guys and girls for Friday. This was the most challenging day for me. I was overwhelmed by God early that morning and cried for a good 15 minutes. I also had to teach that day and that was so important to me. As I prayed before I started I just started crying again, things sat so heavy on my heart. We paddle boated, rock jumped and had a BBQ at the Milnik's home. It was so great! The best part about the trip was seeing kids overcome obstacles they didn't think they could do and the way they had to trust the other kids to help them out was awesome.

I spent the day at Knott's with Wildlife yesterday. Whew, I'm reminded of Dr. Krabbendam when I say I feel like I've been hit by a mac truck. I had a good time with students and more and more I think Jr. high students are alright :)

No comments: