Friday, July 15, 2005

Back from Hume and hitting the road again

Here is where I apologize to Aaron and the Pondo peeps for not yet making it for a visit. I promise to get up there this summer, it just might be late in the summer. Man, summer isn't long enough!

Hume Lake was great! I got beat up and worked out but it was all worth it. Our cabin was at the top of the mountain and we had 8 girls for 6 beds. I slept on the floor and got eaten up by something while I slept all week. I had a great cabin of girls and I got to spend time with Joshua friends. I came home with a black eye and jacked up knee, I take recreation serious...Or I fell really hard. The theme this summer is "We like sheep" and it was hilarious! I enjoyed the opener and the videos all week but I mostly enjoyed and appreciated the message conveyed through it all. It was such a great reminder that I am a dumb sheep in need of a shepherd. All week I was pointed back to the shepherd and His amazing love for His flock and the goodness He has in store for those who follow His lead.

I'm heading out Wednesday for a road trip with 8th grade leaders and I'm so stoked for this event. I'm sure I'll come back exhausted but at least I'll have a week before heading out to Ethiopia. There's so much going on right now but it's all so exciting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

soooooo...did he ask you to the friday night banquet? har har.
i miss you and i keep thinking about you...not in a gross way. let's hang out. call me...
love, marisa

Anonymous said...

I miss you more than you know. There's so much I wish I could tell you, and I can't wait to hug you. Please come back soon.