Monday, July 26, 2010

Some of What I Needed

Saturday was what I needed. I got up and boxed with Mel, something I've been missing BIG time. Although, she still won't spar with me. I don't get it :) We worked out, chatted for a bit and said our see ya laters. I came home, showered and got ready for my favorite family in San Diego: THE DRAKES! After such a rough week I was craving some family time and they're the closest I have here in San Diego (along with Peter and Maya) and so we all had dinner together and just hung out. Once I got home and collected my mail that night I saw a letter from my doctor's office. I thought it was another random survey that they seem to send me every time I go to their office and almost blew it off. As I sat on my couch and started to unwind I opened the mail and it turns out what I got was a letter from the lab. It said that my initial test was negative for cancer and that while sometimes there are false negatives, I will have follow up from my doctor. It was a relief to say the least. And I had just had blood tests done for my rhuematologist and knew my white blood cells were in the healthy range which also brought some ease. It's still a waiting game for the MRI but I'm not as scared. I know this peace isn't just from my results, but from my time in the Word of God, the prayers, love, and support from my friends and family. I know many women deal with these things, but that doesn't make it easier. Thanks for your understanding and for just allowing me to be me, whatever emotional state that might be at the time.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Glad to hear that you are feeling a little better. I am still praying for you. Hang in there.

Cindy said...

Loving, praying for and thinking of you!