Thursday, May 12, 2005

Not a closet fan...

I'm a Hanson fan. I have been for a long time and I do own every album. Yes, even the Christmas one. I'm not ashamed of the fact that I listen to this great band. I don't care if I get ridiculed for it.

Whew, now that I got that out of the way...How the heck are ya?

These last few weeks have been super busy, sometimes trying but overall pretty okay. We hosted a concert and that was stressful because when it was time to work nearly everyone disappeared. I got stuck doing a whole lot but the evening went great. I got to meet all the bands and even hang with some of them. Olivia was the best! These guys are from Hawaii and have such a heart for not only good music but ministry. The kids totally loved them and it was neat to see. KJ-52 was another "band" we had come. He's a rapper, some of you probably know who he is. He put on a great show and the guy is super funny. I hung out with Olivia at another show that weekend and it was kind of cool to feel like their friend.

Kristin graduated from A.P.U.! Woohoo for her. Slavich, Katie, Marisa and I had a good time together but I don't know how much those around us appreciated our laughing, joking and Sarah's paper airplanes. By the way Marisa, Danny called the game "cops and robbers."

I've been doing some reading about envy lately. It's interesting to see how sin entered the world through Adam and Eve and yet envy doesn't really show up until Cain and Able. Why do brothers and sisters fall into envy so quickly? I've been guilty of it lately and actually had to do some apologizing. I feel like I've been doing a lot of apologizing to people who should be apologizing to me. What is that about? Man, humility is such a hard thing.

I finished my 10 week course in the Crown Financial Bible Study and I proudly announce my hope to be out of debt by 2010. Ugh! It makes me sick to think it might take that long.

I'm stoked summer is around the corner but I confess I am super uber sad I won't be at Pondo. I hope to visit though.

I need to keep up with this so they aren't such long entries. If you've made it to the end, cheers!

2 comments:

maya said...

shoot! 2010 is a good goal! i hope to be out of debt by 2020!

i'll be out of town most of this week, so i'll give you a call when i have a chance! :)

Aaron said...

you better visit, Alyssa, so you can make fun of Kyle doing healthcare and point out what he's doing wrong! :D Plus I'd like to see you as well!