Wildnight came and went quick. It was some hard work but I had a lot of fun doing it and it was pretty organized. It was a blessing to see 400 kids on our property playing games, skating, paintballing and riding go-carts. We also had a 50 cc motorcycle demo and one of the guys ate it so hard trying to do a back flip off a ramp. I’ve seen some nasty stuff on TV but to be there and see his neck snap back as he hit the pavement...and the blood. Whew, that drew a crowd. I’d say 120 plus kids made decisions for Christ. I’m the skeptical one, I always doubt those decisions were genuine but I do know that the Holy Spirit was at work.
Thanks for your call Wess but so what if I’m an emo kid? It’s actually been good and freeing to be honest with myself. Sometimes life does suck and sometimes I am lonely but I know it’ll pass. A huge part of it is the 4 wedding invitations on my fridge and the 4 I know are on the way. Marisa, I really am excited for you. I know you’ve put in your time with Dave :)
I had a 2 hour lunch with a fantastic woman who’s walked the path I’m on right now. It was great to get her insight, advice and hear her story. She’s encouraging me to find those outlets where I don’t have to be a staff worker or counselor but I can just be me. So where do I go?
One group I totally cherish is my Monday night TV friends. The season finale of “24” was last night and I don’t want to wait until January for the next season! I guess we’ll find another show to watch on Monday nights. As we watched the show I saw fireworks. I mean real fireworks, outside of the apartment complex. It was so odd but for some reason I also thought it was hilarious.
I’m cooking a lot more now and I have to admit that I’m getting good. Last night I made this mushroom chicken bake and steamed veggies. As I sat down to dinner I came full circle with my day…cooking for one sucks.
No comments:
Post a Comment