Friday, May 27, 2005

The Long Weekend

I'm house sitting for Cliff and Kitty this weekend and last night was my first night. It went smoothly, nothing out of the usual BUT this morning was a different story. I honestly thought the dog was dying and it freaked me out. Really, how would you feel if someone entrusted their pet (really like a child) to you and it died on your watch? I checked the dog this afternoon and it was jumping around and as happy as can be. In my mind I gave the dog the finger for making me look like a liar.

Joy is coming into town tonight. She called last night and needed a place to stay so as long as she doesn't mind the trailer she'll be hanging for a couple days or so.

I have no plans for the long weekend. I guess it's when most people get together and bar-b-que because beer is on sale but that ain't my thing. I'd rather sit outside and read. I know, I'm a huge nerd. But I still haven't seen Star Wars!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'd like to say...
THANK YOU for not running out to see star wars like everyone else. you are qualified to be my friend.
love, marisa