Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Read This

My friend Darin McWatters is one funny, whitty and very smart guy. Lately I've been thinking a lot about marriage. Not that I want to get married now, someday maybe, but mostly I've been saddened by the hurt I see in so many families (mine included). I think Darin makes a great argument. Check it out at http://www.humelake.org/content/re_humenews.php?nidd=58&dyr=04&dqtr=4#article

5 comments:

KS said...

Alyssa,
when I'm done with a class this semester, I am going to give you the book that my professor has written, I think you may like it.. Later

Heddah said...

You should probably read Redeeming Love again. It has a great story in it. But really it talks about our "marriage" with God and our commitment to Him. Okay so I'm trying to be a Super Christian, and really I just want you to read the book again because I'm totally in love with Michael Hosea!!! Hope Hume was fun and that you gave darin a big hug for me!! :)

aca said...

or i kissed dating goodbye.

you can have my copy. i don't need it anymore.

actually that's a lie. i never read it.

marry kyle. friends make the best husbands.

trust me on this one.

well i don't have a husband either...but soon.

he he.

Heddah said...

Alyssa, here's me being honest and vulnerable. I read what you wrote on aaron's blog about his blog brightening your day... I stinkin called you this morning to see how your weekend to hume was and what you were wearing. How the hades could that not cheer you up?! I AM THE SUNSHINE IN YOUR HO-HUM DAY! :) I do hope hume was well for you!! :)

Anonymous said...

well, in response to the reading you put up by darin, i must say it made me think. definitely people are thinking a lot more about satisfaction than they are about sacrifice. myself included. so its awesome that we can get such wisdom from darin (who incidently has had to sacrifice a lot to be married). well, much love to the homies on the west side, peace, love and hair grease... i'm out! "shoot, nibble nibble here!"