Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Big Oops

I keep trying to upload pictures but it obviously isn't working. I'm not sure if I just haven't had a good internet connection or if my computer is jacked. With my luck, the computer is jacked.

Yesterday I found a packet of reading in my grad mail box that said, "Alyssa, you missed class today at 1. Please meet me in my office next week." I think my heart stopped beating and my stomach did back flips. I quickly pulled out my schedule and even though I knew I didn't have class, I had to double check. Sure enough, my schedule was totally clear. I ran into the assistant dean who asked how things were going and I showed her the papers. She looked at me and apologized. She forgot to tell me I had to enroll in that class. The program is challenging in the coursework but I think it's even more challenging in the way it's operated. So now I'm stuck taking 18 grad units in my first semester. I'm hoping this helps me graduate early because it's a lot of work up front.

I've been getting involved with a church in Long Beach. New things are always awkward for me but I'm so genuinely happy right now. As I was falling sleep last night I just couldn't help but feel and know I was in the Lord's hands and that I was exactly where I should be. It's comforting to know that despite the trials, stretches, and pain, I'm safe and loved and known.

No comments: