Tuesday, June 01, 2010

The difference between Tuesday & Wednesday

Yesterday (Tuesday in NZ) was pouring. JT and I headed to Davonport on the ferry and braved the storm with the hopes of finding something cool to see or do. Once we got off the ferry the tour guide told us we were pretty much out of luck if we wanted to see cool things. He even said it wouldn't be worth it to pay for the tour because of the rain. We weren't planning on taking the tour anyway so we just started walking and then the rain started PELTING us. It wasn't just raining, it was pouring. I gave JT my umbrella because I'm a good friend and I had a rain coat but we both still got soaked. We hiked to the top of Mt. Victoria and along the way we played Amazing Race and I climbed a tree. Once we got back into downtown Auckland we walked to Parnell and by now the sun was starting to peek through. We spent the afternoon walking, drying off, shopping and drinking coffee. I had the cutest and yummiest peanut butter mocha. I even took pictures of it because it was that pretty. My camera is being temperamental so I've been using my phone. I might try and buy a camera today since the US dollar is much stronger than the NZ dollar. I've been using my phone for the camera (not the best, but it works) and found I have service. It's very expensive so I'm not using it but I can see text messages and was very sad to learn I'll be missing Liz's last day at the gym. She's heading off to China until who knows when. So, best of luck Liz!

Today (Wednesday) is BEAUTIFUL out and we're about to venture into another suburb of Auckland and see what today brings.

No comments: