Wednesday, May 19, 2010

In the crowd...


I finished my first temp gig. It was only supposed to last for 6 weeks but ended up running 8 months long. I'm super thankful for the opportunity to work in the office I was in. I made some really fantastic and life long friends. As I was getting ready to leave the position I realized that for the last 8 months, work was where I felt most full. It was where I had most of my meaningful interactions with people and some really thought provoking, challenging, and funny conversations. It kinda makes me sad to think I get that at work and not really anywhere else in my life on a regular basis (with the exception of a few people here and there). It also made me nervous knowing that I was going to be out of a job, home alone, and have time on my hands to think about all the things I try to not think about.

So far I've been very happy with my time away from work and not sad or scared like I anticipated. I know that's only because of God's great provision and protection in every way. There is the possibility I'll be heading back to campus for another job. It's better pay and would run just up to the time I'd move for school. I might not get it due to my trip planned soon but I know it isn't too much to ask for. He ALWAYS proves faithful.

When I started this post last week I had something else on my mind. Maybe I'll share that later, but for now, this is where I am.

No comments: