Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Trent's Tribute

Trent turned thirty. TTL2 is not only hilarious (you should watch him at Comedy Sportz), but he's also a very honest, insightful, and challenging friend. We first met at Hume where I think his team schooled my team in Yhatzee and we became friends as we worked in ministry at a church that shall not be named. Some of my favorite moments with Trent have occurred while watching TV (particularly 24. "I have special delivery"), playing games ("Happy New Year! Can I get some freakin' wheat?"), or just driving around Chatsworth (there are lots of cats behind the Denny's on Mason and Devonshire). We don't need a whole lot to entertain us, but it is always fun going to Disneyland with him. He has a huge heart for the Lord and it's obvious in his work with students, passion for Uganda, and in the messages he preaches. It was always fun running youth events or doing camps with him and I miss seeing him on a daily basis. He's probably the only person I would spend an hour on the phone with on a regular basis, that boy can talk. Or it's more like, he finds humor in keeping me on the phone late at night when I'm complaining about how little sleep I'll be getting because of him. Oh, and it's really fun to turn his name into a bad word. Whatever, TRENT. I like his nickname for me and I'm glad I help fulfill his quota of Mexican friends.

Trent, you are a ridiculously awesome man and I'm blessed to call you friend. I'm sorry I wasn't there to accept your pomegranate smoothie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwww

Trent Lewis said...

thanks for this, very kind.