Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Maya turned 30 this month. We first met during Summer Bridge at UCSD and remained tight throughout the years. Our friendship began like many preschoolers begin theirs; I had never been away from my tiny town of Fillmore and cried as my mom and grandma dropped me off in a new place, far from home. Maya didn't want me to feel sad so she invited me to the dinning hall with her and reassured me that it would be okay. She even taught me how to ride the city buses. In my defense, we can walk from one side of town to the other around Fillmore.

Maya, thank you for always being honest and vulnerable with me. I'm glad I can be an extension of your conscience :) You're my dawg.

It's also Thanksgiving, so here a few things I'm thankful for this year:

*FAMILY*Finishing my Master's (with honors)*Discovering the sport and art of jiu jitsu*FRIENDS*good music*pumpkin flavored treats*sleep*Laughter*my apartment*great co-workers*SCRIPTURE*going to church consistently*journaling a bit more*scrap booking* random TEXT MESSAGES*feeling butterflies in my stomach*following blogs*my car*more confidence to pursue my dreams*my crock pot*ETHAN LEE DRAKE (and his parents, of course)*therapy*Yankees winning the World Series*DISNEYLAND*In-N-Out*trying new foods*So You Think You Can Dance*and soon, being done with my personal statement!

No comments: