I’ve been sitting in the office for the last week, bored out of my mind. We’re doing skills testing on the candidates for the position I’m currently in and I’m glad they decided to do these tests because some of these applicants either lied or really think they have skills they don’t. Maybe I’m too critical and a perfectionist, but I would never show up 30 minutes late and not follow instructions when trying to get a job. One of the applicants asked me yesterday why I didn’t want the job. I didn’t want to tell her it was because I’m bored every day, am tired of answering phones and pushing papers across my desk. Not that this type of work isn’t necessary, I just don’t want to be the one to do it anymore. I just told her I was training to become a cage fighter.
I need to decide if I’m competing in Vegas next month. Last tournament I just “jumped into the fire” as my coach put it. But this time she’s asking me to kick up the training and I’m thinking, “I already train 5 days a week!” I don’t know if my body can handle anymore, the lupus is starting to flare. I definitely want to compete because 1. It’s taking place at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center where UFC 100 will also take place, 2. UFC 100 is that weekend and Vegas will be busy, 3. I’ll probably have to stop training in August when my contract with the gym is up and I’m unemployed. I don’t want to go because I don’t really have the money and I already have concert tickets to see Ray LaMontagne and Jenny Lewis at the Hollywood Bowl that weekend.
I’m headed to Fillmore this weekend for a graduation party my Granny is hosting for me. I secretly just want my family members to give me money but I won’t hold my breath for that. I’m hoping to get out of the office early on Friday so I can make a stop in Long Beach to see the new McW pad.
No comments:
Post a Comment