Hi friends. I have to say, being home has been up and down. I am reminded of what is missing in San Diego when I get around church friends here. It's been great spending time with the Venizelos family, Katie and Danny. My own family has been fun too. Today my mom was in the kitchen and I forced her to give me a hug. I told her about our session on "hugging therapy" in class to which she replied, "you better not practice any of that crap outside of class." Hmm, and my faculty wonder why I have intimacy and touch issues. But my mom gave me a hug and while we were hugging we just started laughing. It was fantastic! My brother JD came in and asked why we were crying. Needless to say, we needed that session :) It's been hard trying to put into words what the last few months have been like. I think those that have seen it might have a better understanding. One day I'm laughing, dancing, having a good time and the next I'm crying, cussing, and wanting to be left alone. It's amazing though and has sparked something in me that wants to jump deeper into this mess.
It's officially Christmas and I've already received my "santa gift." Four brand new goodyears. Tires wasn't at the top of my list but they're pretty important and expensive so I'm thankful. I know JD will be up at 6 am to open gifts so I should go to bed. I just can't seem to stop my thoughts...hence the blogging. I guess I'll just journal instead. I can't have you knowing all of my business.
1 comment:
crazy! Alyssa being moody and cussing? who knew? lol. lifes funny like that when you are actually dealing with some real stuff, ya know?
Post a Comment