I had to write this paper. I've had to write a lot of papers lately. But this paper was all about me, no APA format or research needed, just my story. A few of the questions were about love, marriage, sex, etc. My advisor picked up from my seven page, single spaced paper (it was supposed to be 5, double sapced...oops) that these were the hard questions for me to address and asked what that was about. Uh...I...uh, don't talk about it. One thing I did talk about was the type of relationship I would some day like to have and he, of course pointed out all the flaws in my thinking and basically said that could never happen. After taking his feedback I realized it was our world views that were completely different. This was confirmed after having breakfast with a friend who asked about "boys," to which I laughed and turned it back on her. She said a lot of what I had written and it made me think about how wrong my advisor made it out to be, yet how biblical our idea is. I've been listening to Francis Chan's podcast and reading his book called Crazy Love. It's easy, quick, and to the point. If you're looking for something to just get you grounded I would pick this one up.
On another school note, I'm trying to figure out what happens after May when I'm done with CBB. I don't know if I skip graduation and apply to the MFT program or graduate and apply to a PhD or PsyD program. Or do I find a job and go back to school at another time? Any suggestions? I'm feeling pretty lost.
1 comment:
yes! i'm reading 'crazy love' too!!!
CRAZY! :)
Post a Comment