This morning opened my eyes to a lot of things. I had lifegroup at 6:30 am and after only about 4 hours of sleep I was not so willing to get out of bed and go. But I did and I'm glad I did. I casually mentioned how I wish one of the guys would hang out with some of the guys I hang with so that they might learn some manners from him. This has been bugging me for the last week. It's not that I want to be miss princess but I see the man opening doors and what not as a sign of respect and that doesn't happen so much around here. Anyway, after an hour and a half of conversation about this I've come to the conclusion that it isn't just about manners. It's about servanthood and putting others before our self. It is about character, but not just because he's the man and that's what he should do to show respect and good character. He should do it because he wants to serve. Man, this makes it even a bigger deal. I also realize that I can't have a judgmental attitude about it and I don't think I do but wow...
Last night was youth group and all that jazz. The night went well and although I tried to stalk the girls we thought were smoking in the bathroom I had no luck catching them. So it's still a mystery, who is smoking in the bathroom? We went to Friday's after and I got to talk to blue eyes all night...He doesn't open doors though...That's another issue :) At around midnight we were ready to go except my boss thought it was a great night to take some of us to "gravity hill." It was windy, dark and a cemetery. I wasn't scared really, there was one point I was a little creeped out though. Out of nowhere this guy appears on the side of the road. He came out of the bushes with his dog and had this creepy smile. So there's this tree you have to get out and touch. Really, not a big deal and I willingly did it first. It was fun but I'm tired now!
I've fallen in love...With a jeep. Oh man she's a beaut! The girl who hit my car has finally agreed on a body shop and now I'm just praying I don't get jipped in some way. I was thinking about maybe selling the car once it's fixed and taking a look at this sweet jeep. Oh, it's gorgeous!
No comments:
Post a Comment